Thursday, April 14, 2011

Fabric Storage

When we moved from Texas, 4 years ago this summer, my fabric stash wouldn't fit in the truck. King Daddy asked if it was okay to give it away. I didn't really want to but I didn't have much of a choice. I agreed but told him he was going to pay for it. He thought I meant emotionally but actually I meant monetarily. I seriously had over $1000 of fabric in that stash! Over the last 4 years I have slowly been accumulating more fabric and it is time to store it in a way that I can see what I have. King Daddy isn't sure he agrees but it will actually save him money. I won't be buying fabric if I already have some that works!


Here is the mess that I started with. I had fabric stashed in several different boxes. I couldn't see everything and I didn't want to go through each box to see what I had. It is really so much easier just to buy more ;)


I started by making two benches like this. When the Princesses are older I intend to put an upholstered top on it and use it as maybe an end of bed bench. Anyway, I digress. I used this plan by Ana White as my guide. I only used step one and two and I changed the measurements a little. Each cubbie is about 16" X 11".  Then I used this plan by Ana White as my guide to make a 16 cubbie shelf system. Again I changed the measurements a little. I used 8" boards and my cubbies are about
 8" X 8".


Here is the finished product. All my fabric is now clearly visible. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment