Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Word Wall

 When I decided to undertake the project of doing a home school preschool with my girls I wasn't sure I could do it! However, I am very lucky to have both a best friend and King Daddy's cousin who are Kindergarten teachers. They have both given me a wealth of information on what skills we should be working toward. Recently one of them asked me if I had a "word wall" to help with word recognition. I do but I don't think it's anything like her wall ;) We do ours in the bathtub! I took this great idea from Filth Wizardry here.









Each week when we talk about the sounds that our letter of the week make we also talk about words that start with that letter. As the Princesses list them I write them down on the foam and add them to our bag. In the tub Princess Big uses the words to make sentences and Princess Little uses the letters to make words. Just for the record we also have lots of shapes to make murals on the wall also :)

No comments:

Post a Comment