Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentin's Day Frames

Last week the Princesses and I spent time crafting for Valentine's day.

 I found some wood frames at the dollar store (later I saw some at Michael's that were also $1) that I brought home and painted white with acrylic craft paint.


While the paint was drying I made these heart stamps. I just took an X-Acto knife to the unused eraser of some pencils I had. It was surprisingly easy, like a warm knife through butter easy!









Then, I gave the Princesses a bit of red acrylic craft paint and a stamp and let them go to it. After letting the red dry I gave them some pink and let them at it again.


Last but not least we took this picture. I just pinned a piece of pink fleece, from my sewing stash, to the wall. I used a toy box under the piece on the floor for Princess Little to sit on. They are wearing shirts that I painted with fabric paint. I cut a heart stencil out of cardstock and taped it to the front of the shirt. Then, I squeezed some paint and spread it around with a foam brush. Once it was all dry I wrote "Love". I really hope Mimi, Granddaddy and Grandma get their package before reading this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment