Saturday, March 5, 2011

Entry Hall Finished

I now have my entry hall finished! The last piece was a shelf to go over the coat rack with a few "baskets" to hold the winter hats and gloves/mittens.


I didn't make this a tutorial because I didn't really come up with this design myself. Instead I modified a design by Ana-White. You can get the original plans from her website here. The differences with mine are that I didn't put the overhanging top piece on and my coat rack is not attached (I already had that in place). In this picture it looks like the shelf is wider than the coat rack but that's just shadow, it's exactly the same width (there's a first time for everything).

The "baskets" are actually just a cardboard box (maybe I should change my name to Cardboard Queen) that I resized into 3 smaller boxes and covered using this method from Positively Splendid (and it is).

Oh, I also had King Daddy help me hang the art piece!


Here is Princess Big giving the new entry hall bench a try.  I said I was finished but maybe some new door mats....hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment