Saturday, October 16, 2010

States and Their Capitals Game

For the last 6 weeks I have been homeschooling my girls who are 3 and almost 5. One of our weekly activities is to learn about 1 or 2 of the states. They get to color in a picture of the state, while I read a book about that state. Once that is finished we locate the state on a blank map of the U.S. I'm aware they are so young and the only thing I really want them to remember is the name of the state and the capital. So to reinforce these things, I came up with game that we can play while we are waiting for things like our food at a restaurant, for ballet class to start, etc.


I used free clip art pictures of the states that I glued to paint chips.


Then I used another paint chip from the same card to write the name of the capital. I think, however, that I might have to change that plan. During the first game my older one figured the color scheme out and looked only for the matching color instead of the capital to match with the state.

No comments:

Post a Comment