Sunday, October 17, 2010

Week 7 Lesson Plans

Each week I create my lesson plans around the letter and number that we are working on for that week. Last weeks letter was F for Farm and our number was 6. We studied Illinois and Indiana as our states because those are the 2 states we most recently resided in and we could see corn fields all around our home. We also learned about the 6th president John Quincy Adams. We made butter by shaking heavy whipping cream in a jar until it formed a ball. We tried it on some bread and it tasted just like the unsalted butter we buy in the store! Every week I create a mural backdrop out of bulletin board paper that I get from the teacher supply store for us to display our art projects.


Here is our farm from last week.

This week we are doing G for Ghost and the number 7. We will be reading Ghost Eats It All and Ghost Gets Dressed by Janee Trasler (our library was a little limited in selection). We will learn about Georgia and Pennsylvania for our states. Andrew Jackson will be the president for this week. As for art, all of our projects will be ghosts. Our first one will be to finish the mural Mommy started by painting it all over with watered down black tempera paint.


I used crayons to draw and color in this tree and the grass. I also drew, which you can't see yet, a full moon and two ghosts. I can't wait to see my angel's faces when they emerge as they start to paint :) I'm going to use this opportunity to talk about why the black paint doesn't cover the crayon. I can't wait to post the "finished" project tomorrow and each day for the rest of the week so you can see how our mural progresses!

No comments:

Post a Comment