Friday, January 28, 2011

Number Chart

Princess Big can count to 100! She totally surprised me by doing it in the car on the way to ballet last week. Now Princess Little is in a hurry to catch up. She's 18 months younger but she doesn't get that. If Princess Big can do it then I can too seems to be her motto. In order to help her achieve her goal I made a number chart from 1 to 100. Of course I had to make it usable to Princess Big as well so here's what I did.


First, I punched out 100 squares with my 1.5" square punch. I did 10 different shades of 10 colors. 


Then, I used sticky back velcro dots. I put one side on the square. Then, I put the other side on the velcro on the square. Then I peeled the second side off the paper and lined it up on my poster board and stuck it. This way I was able to get all of the squares lined up the way I wanted.


After I got all of the numbers on I printed out the letters from my computer and cut them out. I just glued them on to a piece of scrapbook paper that I glued to the top of the poster board.

Now Princess Little can practice counting to 100. For Princess Big we can start working on counting by 2's, 5's and 10's by removing the numbers we don't need.

No comments:

Post a Comment