Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Princess Big Turns 5

Happy New Year to all of you out there in blog land! We have finally settled down from the holidays around here just in time for Princess Big's 5th birthday. We just had a little family party but we did some things that would be great for a big party.


First I mad a "Happy Birthday" banner for the party. I looked at one in the party store that had Cinderella on it but I decided that I could make something cuter for less than the $6.99 they were charging! All I did was cut 4.5 inch squares out of solid blue cardstock and blue patterned scrapbook paper that I had in my craft stash. I glued them together after giving the scrapbook paper a .25 turn. For the letters I found a script I liked in word and printed them out in blue on my printer. Next, I cut them out and glued them on the scrapbook paper. Using a regular hole punch I punched a hole in the top corners of the solid blue cardstock. Next I strung them on a length of blue ribbon I had in my craft stash.













Princess Big and Princess Little needed a party shirt so I got to work with my sewing machine. I picked up a couple plain T-shirts at Wal-Mart and then dug around my fabric box until I found the scrap fabric from some shirts I made the girls last summer. I cut out Cinderella for Princess Big and Ariel for Princess Little (their favorite princess respectively). Then with the sewing machine I attached them to the T-shirts with a zig-zag stitch around the edges.


After cake and presents I set up the table with a large canvas (the girls and I painted it bright blue the day before so that it would be dry in time), photos and all of the assorted craft supplies that we had in our stash: sequence, small pom-poms, ribbons, glitter glue pens, tissue paper scraps, etc.(Those two cabinets in the back are our craft stash. Queen Mommy keeps just about everything "crafty" she lays her hands on!). Next we got down to gluing, using Mod-Podge of course! You can see King Daddy at work on his first addition and Queen Mommy's first addition there in the front, a photo of Princess Big in the hospital when she was born (tear, where did the time go).









Here are some close-ups of our finished product. King Daddy and the Princesses went a little nuts with the pom-poms :) Since it was a family party I used pictures of the family. However, had it been a party of little girls I would have asked each of them to bring a favorite photo of themselves to add to this. I would also have printed as many as I could of the Princesses playing with their friends. As a goody bag I would have put tiny canvases, a bottle of acrylic paint , paintbrush, and small amounts of tissue paper, sequence, pom-poms, etc.

Happy Birthday Princess Big!
We love you,
King Daddy, Queen Mommy and Princess Little

No comments:

Post a Comment