Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Painting Snow

I'm sure you're all wondering what I've been up to with the Princesses in the way of art and crafts for the last few weeks. To be honest it hasn't been much. I've been busy making things for them instead of with them. Well today I changed that. I found this great idea for painting snow here. Since we are doing P for Penguin this week I felt we needed to go play in the snow like penguins!


I got these spray bottles at the Dollar Tree and fill them with water and food coloring. I put about 20 drops in the bottle and that gave us a nice color. Then I made sure all the sprayers worked well and adjusted the stream to a mist.


Then, I had to get us all bundled up in our snow gear!


Here is Princess Big spraying yellow. No, I have not yet taught them to avoid the yellow snow :)


Here is Princess Little working with the purple. I found out that the bottles are a little hard to work with when you have such little hands that are stuffed into fluffy mittens. "Real" pictures just weren't happening. That's OK, we had fun anyway!









The best part about playing outside in the snow, according to Princess Big, is the HOT CHOCOLATE!

No comments:

Post a Comment