Monday, January 31, 2011

Baby Doll Changing Table

I have finally gotten both Princesses out of diapers/pull-ups and, wouldn't you know it, for Christmas they got dolls that wet! Now I'm teaching my babies how to change a baby. Sigh! I don't know if any of you out there have these dolls but they only come with one or two diapers. Well, that just isn't enough. When I priced a package of doll diapers it was outrageous! My solution was to go buy the smallest package of the store brand for newborns. These fill well enough as far as we're concerned. Since it's just water (I didn't give the Princesses the "juice" that makes them "poop") we let the diaper dry, refold it and put it back in the stack. My only issue with this system was all the diapers around the house that didn't have a home :)


I started with, you guessed it, two cardboard boxes from my stash. I prepped the boxes in the same way I did for the dress-up clothes shelves which you can see here. I used the flaps I cut off to make the guard rail. I wrapped them in one piece of contact paper. Then I attached them by wrapping a piece of contact paper all the way around and into the box.


Next, I made a changing pad with some fabric from my stash. I just sewed two pieces together and stuffed it with a piece of quilt batting. After sewing it closed I top stitched all the way around the edges and twice lengthwise.


To make the boxes for the diapers I used the same method as for these using tissue boxes.









What self respecting changing table does't have wipes? I used an old empty wipes container that I had. Then, I filled it with paper towels. To get the pop-up action I folded each towel in half and then z folded. Next, I tucked the ends into a "chain". 


The last element was a "dirty" diaper pail. I just picked one up at the dollar store. Now we need a wet baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment